Wednesday, November 13, 2013



I was talking to Mum today whilst packing. She was asking me about where I felt like home was. It really got me thinking. What is home? Where is my home? Over just the past 3 years I have lived in three very different places, but which do I call home.

Strangely enough I feel like Freeport, Grand Bahama is home. I understand that may sound weird to many, speaking I was only there for two years and I know longer live there. But Freeport had the biggest impact on me. I guess I don't define home as where you currently live, but where your heart is.

I will admit, I wasn't in the best place before I went to Freeport, but I learnt a lot there. I feel like I really came into myself whilst I was there. It's rather ironic, speaking I hate beaches and sun, but the islands made me who I am today. Some of the people I met down there made such an impact on me. I don't think distance really makes a difference. Home is where the heart is, and I seem to have left mine on the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment