Saturday, November 23, 2013

The Future begins today

It seems strange to think about, but I graduate in a few months. All my friends will be going off to school around the world. I've even gotten accepted into a few good schools. I am not sure if I want to go to college though. Not in the normal aspect. My own personal hell would be four years of college and a desk job.

I feel as if I am called to do more.

I don't know if it's God or something else. All I know is that my future is not going to be found at college. I want an education, don't get me wrong. I want to be a journalist and to study anthropology and sociology. I just don't think my life path takes me there quite yet.

I want to help people. I want to make a difference in the life of people. I think my ultimate goal would be to work with young girls. I know what I want to do with my life. I know my strengths. I believe that I could make a difference in the lives of girls somewhere, whether it's in the US, the Bahamas, Africa, I don't know.  But I feel that if I could share my knowledge and experiences then maybe I could help someone. Maybe I could stop some girls from ending up in the same places I have been.

I am not sure how the rest of my senior year will look, or where next year will take me, but I guess this is where I take my leap of faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment